Chemistry Analytical Laboratory
The Chemistry Laboratory’s goals are
- Support research and innovation within the institute by availing testing services
- Offer high quality product development and material analytical services to the private sector
- Characterize Uganda’s indigenous food products and develop high value industrial products from them.
- Develop technology briefs for common chemical products
- Support product and technology development studies by private sector actors in food, mineral, and pharmaceutical industries.
UIRI’s Public Test House
At the test house, users can obtain the following services:
- World class analytical facilities that can enable them innovate and meet regulatory requirements.
- Comprehensive consignment testing against order specifications, external production control, natural resource characterization, product development and information generation for product labeling and branding.
Supporting government and regional development research programmes
- The National Micronutrients Programme
- The Health Community of the East Central and Southern Africa (ESCA) Laboratory Network
- Training and capacity development
- Repair and upgrading of equipment
- Implementation of systems and processes
- Training and human capacity development