Job Title: Supervisor Instrumentation
Reports to: Director Engineering and Technology Development.
Vacancies: One (1) Positions.
Age 30-50 years.
Responsible for strategic planning of the Instrumentation Unit’s operation in consultation with Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, design & develop market ready industrial projects that will accelerate capacity building and innovation in the areas of applied embedded system (hardware & software).
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic instruments.
- Initiate, coordinate and manage local and international collaborations in the areas of electronics, instrumentation and control.
- Prepare, manage and account for annual Instrumentation Unit budget.
- Provide advisory and professional services to relevant electronics and instrumentation stakeholders and to the general public.
- Source funding through grant proposals for the instrumentation projects.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or any other related field.
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or any other related field.
- Proven working experience of at least seven (7) years in Engineering and at least five years at Supervision level.
- A minimum of a certificate in Project Management.
- Registration with Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers (UIPE) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) is an added advantage
How to Apply:
Applications with typed CVs, copies of academic transcripts & certificates should be sent to the address below:
Human Resource Manager.
Uganda Industrial Research Institute (UIRI)
P.O. Box 7086, Plot 42 Mukabya Rd, Nakawa Industrial Area
Dead line not later than 28th February 2022 at 5pm.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.